Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The End For Me


When the time comes for our clocks to fall back it means winter is here, at least for me. After work it is dark and fishing is out of the question. And I seldom fish if there is snow on the ground. Too many other things to do, like duck hunt, nordic ski, or alpine ski. One thing that is fun is Cast & Blast at Rufus Wood Lake on the Columbia River. It is about one and a half hours to Chief Joe Dam and the best fishing for triploid rainbows around. These sterile fish grow fast! The state record was caught here and weighed in at around 28 lbs. Many of my friends won't keep fish in the two to three pound range. They wait for the six to eight pounders, which are fairly common. On the barbeque they grill up like salmon.  Combine this with duck hunting and it makes for a true cast & blast experience. Here's to winter.

1 comment:

Johnnie Roll said...

Hello Steve;

Man, that is a great looking fish,(Trout, right?) You do not see fish like that around here in Kansas, Oh, and dirty water to boot..But Wichita Ks. is where I was born and it will probably be where I die...

Makes me wonder, if there will be fishing in heaven...Well, I just stopped by to take a peak at your site, man is it beautiful where your at..I have two brothers that live in Montana, they really like it up there...

Johnnie